Research and Opportunity

European Commission
New technologies on the market can help reduce the number of fatalities and injuries on our roads, 90% of which are due to human error. In May 2018, the Commission proposed to make certain vehicle safety measures mandatory, including systems that reduce the dangerous blind spots on trucks and buses.

Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
In 2016, 18,477 cyclists were injured in reported road accidents, including 3,499 who were killed or seriously injured. These figures only include cyclists killed or injured in road accidents that were reported to the police. Many cyclist casualties are not reported to the police, even when the cyclist is inured badly enough to be taken to hospital. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MOTOR BIKES OR OTHER VEHICLES, WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE TERRIFYING! We as a company are supported by RoSPA.

MarketsandMarkets Research
The Automotive Safety System Market is estimated to be USD 76.50 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 169.46 Billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 9.36% during the forecast period.

It is estimated that over 1 billion passenger cars travel the streets and roads of the world today. The 1 billion-unit mark was reached in 2010 for the first time ever. 2 Mar 2018 Cars (or automobiles) make up approximately 74% of the total motor vehicle annual production in the world. The remaining 26%, not included in this statistics, is made up by light commercial vehicles and heavy trucks (motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used for the carriage of goods), buses, coaches and minibuses (comprising more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat). By “production” we are following the convention used by national trade.

New EU Legislations

“We want to start a debate” said Volvo’s CEO recently, as the car manufacturer sets about its stated aim to eliminate fatalities in its vehicles by 2020.
The EU’s recent announcement on revised vehicle safety regulation has indicated that development and innovation in this area is going to race up the agenda for many manufacturers. The announcement has set out that a raft of new safety features are set to become mandatory on new vehicles in 2022.

These include:

  • Blind spot vision
  • The necessity for a response will present a few options for vehicle manufacturers
  • They can develop their own technology to ensure their vehicles meet the regulations
  • They can look to purchase technology from suppliers to fit the technology to their vehicles
  • They can seek to license technology from other organisations to exploit technology developed by another party


Makes & Models of Cars Worldwide

  • There are approximately 112 makes of cars worldwide (Ref: Auto Trader)
  • There are approximately 1200 models of cars worldwide (Ref: Auto Trader)
  • On average 85.4 million cars are produced annually